What are faux flowers made of?
Artificial flowers are made of a variety of materials from paper to silk, but the most common material is polyester for the flowers and plastic for the stems.
However, higher-end artificial flowers and plants are usually made of silk, rayon, and cotton. The stems are often wire-wrapped in a tear-resistant paper designed specifically for the manufacturing process. By using these specialized materials, the stems and blooms appear more life-like and actually can last longer than low-cost alternatives, and can provide a longer useful life when cared for properly.
Can I mix artificial and live flowers in the same arrangement?
Yes, you certainly can.
Adding artificial flowers to a live arrangement allows you to include flowers that may be out of season or too expensive to be a part of your décor otherwise. For the most realistic arrangements, choose artificial flowers that match the seasonality of the live flowers. Also, look for artificial flowers that mimic your realistic flowers.
How do I clean and care for artificial flowers?
In order to thoroughly clean and touch up dirt and dust on your artificial plants, we recommend that you use the following cleaning products.
- A pair of disposable gloves.
- A cotton ball.
- A chicken feather duster, toothbrush, or paintbrush.
- Microfiber cleaning cloth and/or spare cleaning towel.
- Handheld vacuum cleaner.
First dust and remove excess dirt, dust and debris from artificial plants. You can do this in either of the following ways.
- Placing your chicken duster on your artificial foliage.
- If easily portable, take your artificial plants outside and use a paintbrush to remove any additional dirt that has accumulated not only on the artificial plants but also on the planters themselves (e.g. moss, rocks, and settings).
- For hard-to-reach areas (such as the inside of silk flowers), use a toothbrush to remove any dirt that has collected in narrower spaces.
- Use a handheld brush attached to a vacuum cleaner to pick up any additional debris.
- Use your cloth to wipe any silk foliage, textured tree trunks, and decorative pots/planters that show signs of discoloration and dust.
- When finished, apply a small drop of furniture polish to a microfiber cloth and wipe down a single leaf for a light, natural shine.
Are the colour of your photos accurate?
While we make every effort to ensure the colours displayed on our screens are as accurate as possible please be aware that your monitor settings are unlikely to be the same as ours. You should not rely on the photos alone to decide on the colour. If an exact colour shade is essential to your requirements please either order a single stem as a sample, send a swatch of fabric/wallpaper or call for more details.
What method of payment can I use?
You can pay with Square, and we support cards such as American Express, Mastercard, Visa, and JCB.
What if my item is damaged?
If any of the items we deliver to you are damaged or defective, we will gladly replace or refund them. Please contact us to arrange a refund or exchange. You can contact our team by sending an email to email@example.com.